Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Hate poll: Quesada vs. Sim

Quesada stomped Levitz but good. And apparently a strong plurality believe the Simpsons character he most resembles is Mayor "Diamond" Joe Quimby. I assume this is a commentary on his effectiveness as a leader, unless you all know something I don't know. Tied for second were Barney Gumble (again, do you folks know something I don't?) and Comic Book Guy (a little obvious, friends, plus CBG seems like the type who would complain the loudest about Quesada). Apu received no votes, which kind of confused me; I thought more of you would see parallels between Apu's operation of the Kwik-E-Mart and Quesada's stewardship of Marvel. Live and learn, I guess.

Anyway, the Simpsons poll was such a success that I'll include it in all polls for the near future, starting with this one. But first, Joe Quesada must turn his attention to a most formidable foe. Levitz was no match for him, but I think Dave Sim will prove a worthier contender.



The case against Joe Quesada: Seriously, what else can I say? He seems like the type of guy who would take your laundry out of the dryer prematurely so that he could dry his own load of clothes. Or maybe he's more like the kind of guy who would put some of his own clothes in with yours without asking, cause he figured you'd be cool with it, bra'.

The case against Dave Sim: He's the kind of person who hangs out all day in the periodicals room of the library, or the guy at work who sits with you at lunch and complains about how much he has to pay in child support.

Poll is open until noon EDT/9 am PDT. And here's your bonus Simpsons poll, open for the same period of time:

No comments: