Friday, December 21, 2007

I guess I'm taking off for a while too

I mean, not too long or anything. I'll be back doing this next week for sure. Might even post my non-comics best of lists at some point this weekend--I'm nearly done writing it. It's probably a good time to take a break, since I don't expect to see much going on in the blogosphere over the next four or five days. I'm surprised things have been as busy as they have. I was especially surprised* to read that Blogorama is aflame with keyboard skirmishes in the comments fields. Don't you people have better things to be doing? Actually, that's probably it--these angry comment-leavers are likely the types who are experiencing holiday-related anxiety. Possibly induced by visiting relatives who ask if they're still into those silly comic books, and why aren't you married yet? You're such a nice looking boy. Maybe if you'd just dress nicer and get your hair cut and AAAAAH SHUT UP GRANDMA! I HATE YOU ALL!!!


If anybody wants me I'll be watching cartoons with the kids.


So please, all you sociopathic types: please find something to keep yourself busy during this stressful time of the year. I recommend getting drunk and pirating some comics. Doesn't matter which ones--download some you already have, if you can't think of anything. Pretend Dan Didio is your verbally abusive grandmother. It's all part of the healing process.

For everyone else, I hope you have a good time doing whatever you do on Christmas and the surrounding days. Try not to yell at the TV too much.

*That's actually sort of a lie, since one of the first things I read on Blogorama this morning was a comment where someone called another person a "douche" for misinterpreting the latest issue of Green Lantern. Oh wait, sorry--for misinterpreting an advertisement in the latest issue of Green Lantern. Merry Christmas!


Louis Vuitton Outlet said...

This topic was really educational and nicely written.

SEO said...

Safari Nehru jacket for men
Pretty good post. I found your website perfect for my needs. Thanks for sharing the great ideas.