Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Reminder

Hey--

Things are kind of hectic here at the moment, but I should have a review of Pax Romana #1 up later in the day. The best of 2007 charting thing is going well, and I think you'll be surprised by what's doing well and even more by what's not doing well. There are a couple which have really thrown me for a loop. I don't want to say much more while there are still bloggers who haven't finished their lists, but it should be interesting reading.

I'll remind everyone again to please send me your lists if you want them included.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read several dozen "best-of" lists at this point, and I am eagerly awaiting your aggregated list. In the meantime, I'm going to turn the wait into an opportunity for a guessing game: what did you leave out of your list? I'll put my money on several books produced by Ed Brubaker and Matt Fraction -- Captain America, Criminal, Casanova, and Iron Fist (and I know that you liked The Order, but I haven't seen that around as much). Finally, and I think this was a big one, I think the Umbrella Academy is going to chart very, very well.

Anonymous said...

Edit: I see that in one of your follow-up posts, you mention that Captain America is doing well (along with Y and Fables). So maybe I'm too late to place a wager on that horse, but my other guesses still stand.

Unknown said...

I totally dug Pax Romana, so I hope you didn't think it sucked or anything (apparently, I require validation of my opinions). Can't wait to read your take. Also, I should have my 2007 list up soon (sometime tonight, at the latest, hopefully), so I'll let you know when it's ready for number crunching.

Dick Hyacinth's Ghost said...

You might want to skip that review, Matt. Looking forward to your list.

Unknown said...

It's up. Took me longer to finish than it should have, but I spent a lot of time including images.