Friday, September 14, 2007

Help a cheap man save on shipping

I was looking over the Ignatz nominees, and was struck by how many were books which I'd wanted to read but haven't been able to find. Does anyone know of a good site for ordering stuff from a bunch of different small press publishers (by which I mean non-Fantagraphics, D&Q, or NBM--I can get that stuff at my LCS), or am I just going to have to break down and order direct? I'm looking for stuff by the smaller publishers listed--I checked out khepri.com, but that seems to be mostly on the Brian Wood-Warren Ellis axis, which is really not what I'm looking for (that stuff is also available at my LCS).

Any help would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Sean Kleefeld said...

I've gotten a number of decidedly-off-the-beaten-path books by just asking my LCS. I generally provide as much info as I can find about the book (complete title, publisher, date, creator(s) and even ISBNs) and they've been able to get stuff for me that's even been out of print for a few years. No shipping charges, and they even give me a 15% discount off the cover price.

K. Thor Jensen said...

marsimport.com is good for mid-level indie publishers.